Applied Data Scientist hired
Description & Responsibilities
The Digital Transformation Team is looking for an experienced applied data scientist with software development and data science skills.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for data and a demonstrated ability to dive deep.
You will be in charge for making the applications developed more intelligent. In particular you will work with development teams, gather and manage large datasets from multiple sources, transform data into a usable state using appropriate tools and techniques, use data science and Machine Learning techniques to build models that drive government decisions.
We are looking for someone obsessed with impact. We don’t want someone that is just interested in finding patterns in the data. We want someone that understands how to turn those discoveries into value for the citizens every day.
- Experience diving into quantitative information
- Strong analytical skills, ability to summarize findings and present solutions
- Solid programming skill
- Practical experience in relevant machine learning and modeling techniques
- Real world experience with SQL
- Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Very strong experience in one or more of the following areas: big data analytics, machine learning, pattern recognition, large-scale data mining or artificial intelligence
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and frameworks such as Spark / MLLib. Familiarity with Deep Learning is a plus
- Experience with languages such as R, Python and Scala
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills, ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly
- Track record in providing leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of software engineers
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field with +10 years of relevant experience in industry/scientific environment or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field and 7+ years of relevant experience in industry/scientific environment
- Proficiency in English