Open Source Project Leader
Description & Responsibilities
The Digital Transformation Team is looking for 2 Open Source Project Leaders.
You will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the development of different open source projects published on the platform Developers Italia, so as for managing external relations with the Public Administration and the community of developers that want to contribute to the platform.
You will also be responsible to publish the roadmap of the projects shared on Developers Italia, coordinate the community of developers willing to contribute to the projects and verify their continuous contribution, lead tests to check the quality of the source code produced (code review, check of the documentation, monitoring of the continuous integration) and, in general, ensure that the projects will always be active.
You will plan the release of new implementations in different programming languages, ensuring equal functionalities among them with similar API and uniform updates.
We’re looking for talents with a proven track record in the development of open source code and in collaborative communities.
- Experience as a contributor or maintainer of open source projects
- Track record in providing leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of software engineers
- Proficiency in the use of Git SCM and in the Github platform, including the Github flow
- Proficiency in ensuring high quality of the source code: code reviews, pair programming, assessment
- Experience in the integration and in the analysis of software libraries and tools
- Experience with multiple technological stacks: PHP, Java, Ruby, Python, .NET
- Experience in writing source code technical documentation
- Experience with automatic test procedures and with continuous integration platforms like: TravisCI, CircleCI, Jenkins
- Experience in web development - including front-end and web vulnerability assessment
- Solid comprehension of applicative architectures and object-oriented design
- Experience in understanding large and complex sources of code, including techniques of API design and versioning, to facilitate the maintenance and cleanup of the code
- Experience in API and messaging protocols design
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills, ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly
- MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related quantitative field with +5 years of experience as a contributor or maintainer of open source projects or, in the absence of a degree, +7 years of experience as a contributor or maintainer of open source projects
- Proficiency in English
Apply for this position
The data contained in your curriculum will be also processed with software tools which will be used with the only aim of evaluating your application and, if need be, of contacting you. You may request deletion of your personal data at any moment by writing at: firstname.lastname@example.org